What on earth is an ‘after lunch speaker‘?
As a rule, you could argue that it’s fairly common to hear about a Motivational Speaker being booked for an after dinner engagement.
And yet, I often get booked for the ‘after lunch slot’. I actually adore being chosen to speak at this point in the lineup. That’s because it’s traditionally said that it’s the hardest slot to crack. Most companies and organisations put on an amazing spread for their VIP attendees for lunch. So, after the audience has absolutely gorged themselves, there’s often a natural lull. The body has to metabolise all that lush grub, so it’s common to feel sluggish and sleepy.
THE AFTER LUNCH SPEAKER SLOT IS TOUGH
The Spanish famously have a siesta after lunch. And many people around the world would love a little nap after their midday meal. During lunchtime at a conference, everyone gets their fill of the sumptuous delights on offer. And instead of having the opportunity to sleep, they have some more amazing offerings in the the afternoon’s to attend.
So, I was recently utterly thrilled to have been chosen to be a speaker for the after lunch slot at an amazing event at the Royal Opera House in Central London, for the exciting learning software company Thrive. The venue is simply stunning, holding 350 people seated and 450 including those standing.
The event was exceptionally well planned, run and executed. The Team at Thrive, and the Royal Opera House Crew were absolutely fantastic.
As the after lunch speaker, I took to the stage at just after 2pm. I found myself in front of over three hundred VIP professionals from a fantastic range of industries. It was daunting and nerve-wracking, but the Thrive Team and the Team from the Royal Opera house were simply sensational in setting me up for success. Without them, I couldn’t have done it.
And I think my speech went down well…at least some of the comments on Linkedin seemed to suggest it did:
So, forget after dinner speakers! If you’re looking for an after lunch speaker who can really knock it out of the ballpark, please give me a go. I’ll aim to utterly do you proud…
- Should You Trademark, Copyright Or Patent An Idea?
- How To Launch A New Product
- ‘After Lunch Speaker’ at the Royal Opera House
- Motivational Speaker Los Angeles
- DIGGIT event, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- A Motivational Speaker in Bucharest Romania…
- RESPONSIBLY BEER from Shed Simove
- How a Post-it got me noticed at a speech in London…
- Speaker Sheet | Shed’s At A Glance Speaker Sheet
- Shed as a motivational speaker on creativity | Sales and marketing
- Motivational Speaker Kingston University, London
- How To Overcome Your Fear Of Public Speaking
- How To Use Standup Comedy To Engage Your Audience When Public Speaking
- How To Craft The Best Elevator For Your Business Or To Land A Job
- How To Make A Square Video
- These Top Networking Mistakes Will Guarantee You Won’t Get A Call Back
- Creative Solutions For Work-At-Home Productivity While Starting Your Business
- Careers That Make Great Springboards For Transitions To Entrepreneurship
- How I Drove Huge Global Media Exposure With A Simple Dating Idea
- Best Activities For Team Building In Las Vegas
- Why Some People Don’t Succeed In Life?
- 11 Tips to Improve Work and Life Balance in Los Angeles
- Top 10 Presentation Mistakes You Should Avoid At All Costs
- 3 New York Fortune 500 Companies Who Need Motivational Speaking To Get Them Through Tough Times
- 7 Ways This Entrepreneur Has Got Into Trouble & The Lessons That Boosted His Success
- How To Add Humor To Your Keynote Speaking Engagement
- 16 Different Types Of Keynote Speakers You Should Consider For Your Next Event
- How To Prepare For A Motivational Speaker At Your Conference
- ‘Make America Grate Again’ Grater Dares To Take On Trump’s Nutty Side
- How To Hire An Inspirational Speaker For Your Event
- A Motivational Speaker In Salzburg, Austria…
- On The Same Bill As Keynote Speaker Gary Vaynerchuk!
- How To Manage Toxic, Difficult People In Work And Life
- How To Change Someone’s Mind With Careful Persuasion
- Funny Public Speaking Topics To Win Over Your Audience
- How to Be A Confident Leader In Tense Situations
- How To Connect An Audience That Distrusts You & Change Their Minds
- Great Ideas Gone Viral & Done Right | Shinder Dating App Drives Massive Exposure & Girls Too!
- 6 Inspiring Product Launch Venue Ideas In Los Angeles They Will Never Forget
- Radical Creativity At Burning Man In Nevada Will Inspire You To Think Beyond The Box
- 8 Public Speaking Mistakes That Will Get You Fired in 5 Seconds Flat
- 9 Ways To Build Confidence In Business & Take On The Universe With Panache
- How To Give A Memorable & Inspiring Speech
- 8 Powerful Tips For Public Speaking Onstage
- Team Building Exercises In Los Angeles That Are Fun (or virtually anywhere)
- Great Things Entrepreneurs Can Learn By Attending Las Vegas Trade Shows & Seminar Talks
- How Los Angeles Startups Succeed On A Guerrilla Approach To Everyday Problems
- 4 Things Every Budding Entrepreneur Should Do After Arriving In Las Vegas
- Why Los Angeles Is The Driving Force Of Innovative Ideas
- How Watching Inspirational TED Talks Can Lead You To Become A Better Entrepreneur
- How To Become A Motivational Speaker
- Creativity is the new power! Knowledge is dead!
- How To Train Your Mind To Be Creative And Gain A Competitive Edge
- What Does an After Dinner Speech Do?
- A Motivational Speaker In Austin, Texas…
- How to Write a Popular Blog Post on Quora
- Looking For A Motivational Speaker?
- Why I Hate Business Cards
- How to Have Great Ideas…
- I’m Named a ‘Marketing God’!