Recently, I was thrilled to be invited to speak at the conferences for people who put on conferences (!) – CONFEX, held at London’s Olympia.
Given I’ve been a professional Motivational Speaker for over ten years, I was hugely excited to talk to the geniuses who put on events around the world, some of which I get to present at!
When I arrived, I saw that the stage was set up with a holographic screen, which was totally stunning – it used the same technique as the old vaudeville trick, ‘Dr Pepper’s Ghost’.
I also noticed that becasue of the snow that day, not that many people were in the audience for the previous session.
I wanted as many people as possible to watch my speech, so I added a post-it note to the sign displaying all the sessions. That way, I’d make sure I didn’t damage the sign or make any permanent changes to it. Here’s what it looked like, below. I never knew what an impact it would have…
After my speech, a big-wig from a huge events company came up to me and we swapped business cards. He said he was interested in booking me – exciting! The next day he emailed me and told me this:
“Awesome presentation and randomly attended by myself too. I saw the green post it note on the board and as an event organiser wondered what it said (why the session had been cancelled)…”.
Therefore, if I hadn’t have placed the post-it on the list of sessions, that amazing guy would never have even take a look at the title of my talk, seen that it wasn’t cancelled and then bothered to watch me speak.
I’m now in contact with him about speaking at one or more of his events…
Thanks little square of sticky paper!
- DIGGIT event, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- A Motivational Speaker in Bucharest, Romania…
- RESPONSIBLY Beer from Shed Simove
- How a Post-it got me noticed at a speech in London…
- Shed’s At A Glance Speaker Sheet
- Shed as a motivational speaker on creativity, sales and marketing for The Drum in London
- Motivational Speaker, Kingston University, London
- How To Overcome Your Fear Of Public Speaking
- How To Use Standup Comedy To Engage Your Audience When Public Speaking
- How To Craft The Best Elevator Pitch For Your Business Or To Land A Job
- How To Make A Square Video
- These Top Networking Mistakes Will Guarantee You Won’t Get A Call Back
- Creative Solutions For Work-At-Home Productivity While Starting Your Business
- Careers That Make Great Springboards For Transitions To Entrepreneurship
- How I Drove Huge Global Media Exposure With A Simple Dating Idea
- Best Activities For Team Building In Las Vegas
- Why Some People Don’t Succeed In Life
- 11 Tips to Improve Work and Life Balance in Los Angeles
- Top 10 Presentation Mistakes You Should Avoid At All Costs
- 3 New York Fortune 500 Companies Who Need Motivational Speaking To Get Them Through Tough Times
- 5+ Businesses In the Los Angeles Area That Could Benefit From A Keynote Speaker On Creativity, Sales, And Guerrilla Marketing
- 7 Ways This Entrepreneur Has Got Into Trouble & The Lessons That Boosted His Success
- How To Add Humor To Your Keynote Speaking Engagement
- 16 Different Types Of Keynote Speakers You Should Consider For Your Next Event
- How To Prepare For A Motivational Speaker At Your Conference
- ‘Make America Grate Again’ Grater Dares To Take On Trump’s Nutty Side
- How To Hire A Motivational Speaker For Your Event
- A Motivational Speaker In Salzburg, Austria…
- On The Same Bill As Keynote Speaker Gary Vaynerchuk!
- How To Manage Toxic, Difficult People In Work And Life
- How To Change Someone’s Mind With Careful Persuasion
- Funny Public Speaking Topics To Win Over Your Audience
- How to Be A Confident Leader In Tense Situations
- How To Connect An Audience That Distrusts You & Change Their Minds
- Shinder Dating App Drives Massive Exposure & Girls Too! Great Ideas Gone Viral & Done Right
- 6 Inspiring Product Launch Venue Ideas In Los Angeles They Will Never Forget
- Radical Creativity At Burning Man In Nevada Will Inspire You To Think Beyond The Box
- 8 Public Speaking Mistakes That Will Get You Fired in 5 Seconds Flat
- 9 Ways To Build Confidence In Business & Take On The Universe With Panache
- How To Give A Memorable & Inspiring Speech
- 8 Powerful Tips For Public Speaking Onstage
- How Your Failures Will Lead You To Greatness
- Team Building Exercises In Los Angeles That Are Fun (or virtually anywhere)
- Great Things Entrepreneurs Can Learn By Attending Las Vegas Trade Shows & Seminar Talks
- How Los Angeles Startups Succeed On A Guerrilla Approach To Everyday Problems
- 4 Things Every Budding Entrepreneur Should Do After Arriving In Las Vegas
- Why Los Angeles Is The Driving Force Of Innovative Ideas
- How Watching Inspirational TED Talks Can Lead You To Become A Better Entrepreneur
- How To Become A Motivational Speaker
- Knowledge is dead! Creativity is the new power!
- How To Train Your Mind To Be Creative And Gain A Competitive Edge
- What Does an After Dinner Speech Do?
- A Motivational Speaker In Austin, Texas…
- How to Write a Popular Blog Post on Quora
- Looking For A Motivational Speaker?
- Why I Hate Business Cards
- How to Have Great Ideas…
- I’m Named a ‘Marketing God’!
- How to ‘Think Out Of The Box’
- A Motivational Speaker In London…