Conference keynote speaker | Fortunately, no unspoken workplace edict has ever dictated that an effective partnership is based strictly on two or more people actually liking each other. If that were the case, every business environment from McDonald’s to Microsoft might resemble a simultaneous reenactment of every Wrestlemania event ever witnessed. That flexibility comes at the ‘cost’ of exhibiting the patience to set aside wanting to throttle certain individuals in the name of an acknowledged shared interest.
That single lesson learned and relearned repeatedly among coworkers is a universally applicable benefit of spending at least a little time as part of a team: if you can endure day after day prattlings of the office gossip-monger or the duplicitous maneuverings of a two-faced sycophant who doesn’t care who he steps on or over en route to a corner office, just imagine the diplomacy you could promote throughout the rest of your life after punching out every day. Become a ‘whisperer’ of toxic, aggravating individuals amidst the environment of your livelihood, and making a living will quietly improve the way you live.
Don’t Stop At Treating The Symptoms Of Human Toxicity
“Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way”.
If you insist on dealing with the worst people in your life as though they were your own personal rogues gallery, be sure and ask yourself, “What would Batman do?”.
Allow me to explain this notion for the benefit of those who don’t ponder this question with their first waking thoughts every morning. If you were to ask one hundred satisfied, productive employees what drives their respective sunny outlooks, you would probably hear several variations on the same principles, values and attitudes a hundred times over. When you really look closely at the vast majority of superheroes, aren’t they all similarly motivated by personally colored versions of the same altruistic, virtuous inspirations?
On the other hand, think about their nemeses for a moment. The Joker is an agent of undiluted chaos. Lex Luthor is a Machiavellian genius who inherently distrusts supremely powerful aliens and demigods living among humanity. Magneto is a militant mutant on a crusade to lift his kind above their Homo sapiens oppressors. Captain Cold? While a constant thorn in the Flash’s side, he’s little more than a greedy thief.
Bottom line? If you really want to get to the bottom of a workplace cancer, you need to investigate its roots on a quest for understanding and insight. That way, you know whether you have a simple difference of opinions to address or simply an incorrigible individual.
Approach With Care
You already know this much beyond a shadow of a doubt: more than likely, you and your apparent adversary are different. Even if you both astutely conclude that you’re a volatile combination of two similarly strong personalities who can’t see just how alike you both are, there’s a strong chance that some key distinction drives a wedge between you. There’s nothing wrong with copping to that and looking for a workaround instead of resorting to a flood of criticism.
This is the time to hear the other side out. Few experiences will endear one side of a dispute to another quite like feeling influential. That engenders a sense of being respected and offered some reprieve from the angst of perceiving one’s problems as being ignored. There’s an old saying that suggests, “You were born with two ears and one mouth. Use them proportionally”. So, stop talking. Listen. Don’t make assumptions, ask questions and avoid taking anything personally.
The Fine Art Of Accepting And Delivering Criticism
Regardless of the setting, communications break down swiftly when someone comes forward with some legitimately unpleasant criticism that someone else simply doesn’t want to hear. Whether the first party’s message gets through at all often hinges on the clarity and rationality of the terms used. No matter how frustrated you may be, setting off an atomic bomb of bottled-up anger might very well only stoke whoever receives your criticism into a defensive, indignant rage all their own. You have to relate your issues to the bottom line in order to guarantee your complaints resonate enough to spark a change.
Conference keynote speaker
It goes both ways. Everyone inevitably lands on the wrong side of negative feedback, but how you absorb and process criticism makes all the difference in the world. Some problems become ongoing frustrations because they keep being overlooked. Consequently, it comes as a shock to finally have them brought to light before you as much because it’s the first you’ve heard of them as because you may feel a bit oblivious for having missed out on them in the first place. That’s OK. Embrace that humility and let it nurture your resolve to be better and work toward an equitable solution.
“Nine-hundred years of space and time, and I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”.
-The Doctor, ‘Doctor Who’
No exceptions. Whether in terms of cost or benefit to a relationship or an organization, everybody makes a difference. That’s the way everyone deserves to feel. Never let the people around you forget that they influence your bottom line, be it a marriage or a corporation. In some instances, that realization will dissuade others from doing you harm they may not have realized they were inflicting or wanted to come to pass in the first place. In others, it can serve as a necessary warning: continue hurting me, and you leave me no choice but to distance myself from this relationship. Conference keynote speaker
- ‘After Lunch Speaker’ at the Royal Opera House
- Motivational Speaker Los Angeles
- DIGGIT event, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- A Motivational Speaker in Bucharest Romania…
- RESPONSIBLY BEER from Shed Simove
- How a Post-it got me noticed at a speech in London…
- Speaker Sheet | Shed’s At A Glance Speaker Sheet
- Shed as a motivational speaker on creativity | Sales and marketing
- Motivational Speaker Kingston University, London
- How To Overcome Your Fear Of Public Speaking
- How To Use Standup Comedy To Engage Your Audience When Public Speaking
- How To Craft The Best Elevator For Your Business Or To Land A Job
- How To Make A Square Video
- These Top Networking Mistakes Will Guarantee You Won’t Get A Call Back
- Creative Solutions For Work-At-Home Productivity While Starting Your Business
- Careers That Make Great Springboards For Transitions To Entrepreneurship
- How I Drove Huge Global Media Exposure With A Simple Dating Idea
- Best Activities For Team Building In Las Vegas
- Why Some People Don’t Succeed In Life?
- 11 Tips to Improve Work and Life Balance in Los Angeles
- Top 10 Presentation Mistakes You Should Avoid At All Costs
- 3 New York Fortune 500 Companies Who Need Motivational Speaking To Get Them Through Tough Times
- 7 Ways This Entrepreneur Has Got Into Trouble & The Lessons That Boosted His Success
- How To Add Humor To Your Keynote Speaking Engagement
- 16 Different Types Of Keynote Speakers You Should Consider For Your Next Event
- How To Prepare For A Motivational Speaker At Your Conference
- ‘Make America Grate Again’ Grater Dares To Take On Trump’s Nutty Side
- How To Hire An Inspirational Speaker For Your Event
- A Motivational Speaker In Salzburg, Austria…
- On The Same Bill As Keynote Speaker Gary Vaynerchuk!
- How To Manage Toxic, Difficult People In Work And Life
- How To Change Someone’s Mind With Careful Persuasion
- Funny Public Speaking Topics To Win Over Your Audience
- How to Be A Confident Leader In Tense Situations
- How To Connect An Audience That Distrusts You & Change Their Minds
- Great Ideas Gone Viral & Done Right | Shinder Dating App Drives Massive Exposure & Girls Too!
- 6 Inspiring Product Launch Venue Ideas In Los Angeles They Will Never Forget
- Radical Creativity At Burning Man In Nevada Will Inspire You To Think Beyond The Box
- 8 Public Speaking Mistakes That Will Get You Fired in 5 Seconds Flat
- 9 Ways To Build Confidence In Business & Take On The Universe With Panache
- How To Give A Memorable & Inspiring Speech
- 8 Powerful Tips For Public Speaking Onstage
- Team Building Exercises In Los Angeles That Are Fun (or virtually anywhere)
- Great Things Entrepreneurs Can Learn By Attending Las Vegas Trade Shows & Seminar Talks
- How Los Angeles Startups Succeed On A Guerrilla Approach To Everyday Problems
- 4 Things Every Budding Entrepreneur Should Do After Arriving In Las Vegas
- Why Los Angeles Is The Driving Force Of Innovative Ideas
- How Watching Inspirational TED Talks Can Lead You To Become A Better Entrepreneur
- How To Become A Motivational Speaker
- Creativity is the new power! Knowledge is dead!
- How To Train Your Mind To Be Creative And Gain A Competitive Edge
- What Does an After Dinner Speech Do?
- A Motivational Speaker In Austin, Texas…
- How to Write a Popular Blog Post on Quora
- Looking For A Motivational Speaker?
- Why I Hate Business Cards
- How to Have Great Ideas…
- I’m Named a ‘Marketing God’!
- How to Think ‘Outside The Box’
- A Creativity Speaker In London…